Re: [Omaha.pm] Multiple .so's with a distributable

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Nick Wertzberger <wertnick@gmail.com> wrote:
I can figure out what all versions of perl this will be running under and compile for them, but I don't know how to switch between them.

What, if anything, are you using for handling and managing the multiple Perl installations?

If you haven't hit that yet, take a look at perlbrew.  It can automatically manage (download, install, setup, and switch between) multiple Perl installations for you.  Switching your Perl environment from one version to another is as easy as 'perlbrew switch perl-1.2.3'.  Within each environment, you can easily install whichever modules you want, including your YAML library.

Note, there are a couple of recent perlbrew alternatives that have popped up, too.  I haven't tried any of them yet, and perlbrew has worked really well for my needs, so I haven't had any incentive to do so.  If you run into limitations with perlbrew, it might be worth checking some of them out.

For more information, check out:

--
Christopher