[Omaha.pm] Multiple .so's with a distributable

Hey all,

I'm working on something that needs to run on multiple versions of Perl. I love YAML, and want to use that as my markup language, and the best package for YAML is one that does XS stuff to a c library.  It seems that, depending on what version of perl i'm using, that layer breaks magnificently.

I can figure out what all versions of perl this will be running under and compile for them, but I don't know how to switch between them.

Is there a way / a better way than even that? The c lib version is SOO much better than the pure perl version!