Re: [Omaha.pm] Help with File::Find

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Andy Lester <andy@petdance.com> wrote:

On Nov 7, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Jay Hannah wrote:

On Nov 6, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Mike Hostetler wrote:
Very basic Perl functionality, yet the original author didn't understand some basic concepts of Perl.  Like how subroutines work, and the fact that not all variables need to be global.

File::Find is one of the oldest modules, and shows its heritage.  You may not like the interface, but it's too late to change it now.

If you'd like a file finder with a more modern interface, may I suggest File::Next?

I'm sorry -- I didn't mean File::Find was bad--   I was referring to the script I have to refactor!!

I've used File::Find before, actually, but I just need to get all the files so it was easy. I didn't really have to write a function that did any filtering on them.

--
Mike Hostetler
http://mike.hostetlerhome.com/