[Omaha.pm] Fwd: New Book: Learning Perl, Fifth Edition

Ooo! Ooo!

I love this book. Learning to program for the first time this (1st edition I think) was the only book I needed for the first 2 years. - grin-)

Begin forwarded message:

From: "O'Reilly Media" <ormadmin@oreilly.com>
Date: July 11, 2008 4:01:55 PM CDT
To: <jay@jays.net>
Subject: New Book: Learning Perl, Fifth Edition

***New from the O'Reilly Store***

Learning Perl
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596520106/?CMP=EMC-E2H238907668

By Randal L. Schwartz, Tom Phoenix, brian d foy
Fifth Edition: June 2008
ISBN: 9780596520106
Pages: 348
Price: $39.99 USD, £28.50 GBP

Learning Perl, popularly known as "the Llama," is the book most programmers rely on to get started with Perl. The bestselling Perl tutorial since it was first published in 1993, this new fifth edition covers recent changes to the language up to Perl 5.10. Reflecting years of classroom testing and experience, this edition is packed with exercises that let you practice the concepts while
you follow the text.

You might also be interested in:

Mastering Perl, $39.99
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596527242

Learn Perl for CGI Programming
Online, Self-paced Course - 1:1 Coaching, $398.00
http://oreillyschool.com/courses/cgiperl/index.php

The Productive Programmer, $39.99
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596519780

Want to receive future O'Reilly emails in HTML,
or change your O'Reilly Newsletter settings? Please visit:
http://elists.oreilly.com

For assistance, email webmaster@oreilly.com

O'Reilly Media, Inc.
1005 Gravenstein Highway North