Re: [Omaha.pm] Template Toolkit MACRO

Dave Cross wrote:
Jay Hannah wrote:

Hey Dave --

I'm hoping you can help me with an apparent MACRO problem in the Perl Mongers bin/build script.

When I run the script, it runs for all source files creating all the destination files, but then this source:

Select a continent:
[% link_to("/groups/africa.html", "Africa") %],
[% link_to("/groups/asia.html", "Asia") %],
[% link_to("/groups/central_america.html", "Central America") %],
[% link_to("/groups/europe.html", "Europe") %],
[% link_to("/groups/non_geographical.html", "Non-geographical") %],
[% link_to("/groups/north_america.html", "North America") %],
[% link_to("/groups/oceania.html", "Oceania") %],
[% link_to("/groups/south_america.html", "South America") %].

Turns into this output:

Select a continent:

Jay,

The problem wasn't the MACRO, it was the WRAPPER. Previously bin/build used PRE_PROCESS and POST_PROCESS instead of WRAPPER but I changed it recently as I thought it was tidier. Unfortunately it was the side effect that the MACROs defined in the WRAPPER template weren't defined at the point at which they were used.

I've fixed this by creating a new template (lib/macro) which contains all of the macros (or, at least, all the ones I could find) which is PRE_PROCESSed before each template. Thereby ensuring that the MACROs are correctly defined.

If you update your svn repository, then it should all start to work.

Sorry for causing problems.

No worries. Thanks for the help! Once I study the changes hopefully I'll be able to figure that out all by my lonesome next time.

hoping my line wrap is fixed like I think it is -grin-