Re: [Omaha.pm] Downloading CPAN modules on G5 Mac

On Oct 26, 2005, at 3:57 PM, Daniel Linder wrote:
Warning: make not found in PATH
Where is your make program? []

The only one that I am faily certain is a pretty hard requirement is the "make" program.  Do you have your distributions standard compliment of development tools installed?  If so, check that your PATH variable includes the proper directory.

Ya. In Mac speak, you need to install the "Mac OS X Developer Tools". Whenever you buy the OS there's a separate, optional CD in the bundle that is labeled as such. It's an easy install. I don't think you can download it.

Once you do, you'll have all the Unixy build stuff you'll need for typical Perly stuff (make, gcc, gdb, cvs, etc.)

It comes with a bunch of Cocoa GUI RDE stuff too if you're into that sort of thing, but I don't use those.