Re: [Omaha.pm] Downloading CPAN modules on G5 Mac

On Wed, October 26, 2005 14:51, Philip Terry wrote:
> I am ataching two files: cpan_diagnostic.txt has the output, and
> myconfig_pm_G5.txt is the MyConfig.pm file after the attempt to install
> Statistics::ChiSquare module from CPAN site.

It looks like it can't find some basic commands it needs:

Warning: make not found in PATH
Where is your make program? []

Warning: lynx not found in PATH
Where is your lynx program? []

Warning: wget not found in PATH
Where is your wget program? []

Warning: ncftpget not found in PATH
Where is your ncftpget program? []

Warning: ncftp not found in PATH
Where is your ncftp program? []

Warning: gpg not found in PATH
Where is your gpg program? []

The only one that I am faily certain is a pretty hard requirement is the "make" program.  Do you have your distributions standard compliment of development tools installed?  If so, check that your PATH variable includes the proper directory.

Dan

- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles
"I do not fear computer, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov
GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF 2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68