the food shots...

Okay, these 3 are the food shots (don't worry, I'm saving the realy exotic ones for later...) - the hanging brick is what they make soya sauce from - also about 2/3 of the seasonings in this country.  You hang it out to ferment for a while in the elements before it's good and ripe.  The rows of pottery are traditional Kimchi pots - you cut up cabbage, onions, radish and a bunch of red pepper and vinegar, then leave it in these pots for a month or 7 to properly ferment.  You see them everywhere (though not usually this large) - there is a reason it is the nations favorite dish ( and the bane of foreign stomachs, so I have discovered).  The table setting is pretty common - we're all on the floor and there is enough food for about 700 people in tiny little dishes.  This particular meal was probably the best I have had here...

Do you Yahoo!?

image/pjpeg

image/pjpeg

image/pjpeg