Re: [Omaha.pm] [odynug] github:fi - run your own github

(I've been using Subversion+Apache for about 2.5 years, no experience with Git nor Github.)

What's the benefit of using "Github.com" over setting up a Git server yourself in-house?  I assume Git can be served over a Apache/SSL connection so aside from setting it up and the maintenance duties (and saving $2500/year)...or is Github aimed more at widely dispersed groups with no central server site of their own?

Dan