Re: [Omaha.pm] Zoned Decimal/Packed Data

On 2/12/2010 7:12 AM, Jay Swackhamer wrote:
Does anyone have any pointers/snippets/links for working summing zoned
decimal data?

I am working on a perl program to replace the functionality of
'syncsort' and have gotten to an option that summarizes fields in the
datafiles, and it's in a 'zoned decimal' format.

This portion of code will take the sorted file, and based on key fields,
summarize other fields, and put back one record into the output.

I haven't done anything like that. Do these help at all?

   http://search.cpan.org/search/?query=zoned+decimal&mode=all

   http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/pack.html

   http://www.google.com/search?q=perl+"zoned+decimal";

I'm sure we could help with general Perl questions.  :)