Re: [Omaha.pm] Fwd: Perl for Android

I have a Noki 770 . Will it work?

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Jay Hannah <jay@jays.net> wrote:
Anyone have an Android phone?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [Kc] Perl for Android
Date:   Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:02:07 -0500
From:   Ivan Greene <ivantis@ivantis.net>
To:     kcpm <kc@mail.pm.org>

All right! The Android Scripting Environment (ASE) now supports Perl!  Download an .apk of ASE here: http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/downloads/list
I might write an app for downloading and installing CPAN modules as  soon as I buy another microSD, my old one got lost :(
Also, ASE has support as a Locale plugin (the closest thing to a  crontab system on Android) to run scripts after an event occurs (a  contact calls, it is a certain time, or you are in a certain area via  GPS)
Anyway, it seems cool, no idea how much support or how buggy it is.  Hopefully at least LWP::Simple will work

--Ivan