[Omaha.pm] Linus on git rebase

Here's an interesting post about git rebasing:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/ msg39091.html

What's rebasing?

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user- manual.html#using-git-rebase

Pretty scary stuff, if you ask me. Where I work we never, ever, ever re-work our history (SVN), so we always have all commits forever, no matter what. Even branching/merging mistakes are in history forever, just in case. We just fix whatever the mistake was in new commits moving forward.

git rebasing, or any such repo trickery scares me. Anyone doing this, or equivalent admin magic in their repo?