Re: [Omaha.pm] Perl, fork, and waitpid()

2009/4/19 Dan Linder <dan@linder.org>
What I'd like to do is have the parent process fork a number of children processes and wait for one to complete, then start another child to work on the next remaining subroutine.

So you'd like to have x child processes running at any given time?  Will all the child processes be doing the same sort of work?

I would think "wait" (rather than "waitpid") should fit the bill, as "wait" should return the PID of whatever child exited most recently, right?

--
Dave Burchell