Re: [Omaha.pm] uppercasing some things in complex nested structures

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Travis McArthur <travis@travisbsd.org> wrote:
  if (ref($qualifiers) eq "HASH")
  elsif (ref($qualifiers) eq "ARRAY")

I just started working on some recursive code and was forced to use the "UNIVERSAL::isa" subroutine to check if an object is a hash or array.

This looks cleaner, but is it available in the older Perl 5.8.0?  This looks a lot like the Perl 5.10 code I saw demo'ed and thought "Wow, very nice!"...

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)