Re: [Omaha.pm] [olug] Bash TCP scripting

On Dec 31, 2007, at 10:20 AM, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
10 years ago I often heard the advice to use shell rather than Perl
because plenty of machines were still deployed that did not have it
installed. That is becoming less true as time goes on and Perl becomes
more of a standard tool.

Becomes? Wow. If you had sent that email in 1997 I would have agreed. We seem to have different takes on where Perl is on the alpha - production - obsolete bell curve. :)