Re: [Omaha.pm] Catalyst for Perl...?

On Nov 8, 2007, at 2:58 PM, Daniel Linder wrote:
I am interested in the Catalyst framework for Perl. (I was interested in Ruby on Rails, but just haven't had the time to learn Ruby and pick up the
"on Rails" piece too...)

Anyone using this in real life?

We're not. We rolled our own MVC structure. We use Template::Toolkit for our Views and we rolled our own ORM for our Model. I've played with various ORMs that they list, but we don't use any of them.

ORM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-relational_mapping

I like their new web page... Very clean and modern.

  http://www.catalystframework.org/

I like shiny things.  :)

If you give it a shot let us know what you think. Better yet, come show it to us at a meeting. We can do a Perl-specific meeting if the DynLUG meeting schedule doesn't work well.