[Omaha.pm] Fwd: [omaha] better than pyexpect?

On Jun 28, 2007, at 9:48 PM, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T wrote:
At our last gathering Eli and others were talking about the Expect
utility and the pyexpect bindings.  While I was going through my feeds
tonight I came across a story, "Exscript Scripting Language -
Automating Telnet"  http://debain.org/?p=196

The author talks about using pyexpect, having some difficulties, then
moving to perl and then eventually leaving perl and writing their own
python module.  It has a number of features including threading.
http://code.google.com/p/exscript/

Anyone heard of this or used it?

I've used Perl's Expect.pm on several occasions:

http://search.cpan.org/~rgiersig/Expect-1.20/Expect.pod

Here's a little example I wrote:

http://omaha.pm.org/presentations/pscrawl_pl.txt

Thanks for hosting the meeting the week!

Cheers,