Re: [Omaha.pm] Meeting reminder: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 @ 7pm!

On Dec 9, 2006, at 11:49 AM, Ryan Stille wrote:
Any topic suggestions?
XML processing, XSLT transformations,

I can show you some XML::Twig stuff I've done. Simple examples and complex ones. I've never done XSLT.

session handling,

... in Apache? We use home-brewed cookie stuff I could show.

creating/consuming web services.

Consuming via SOAP::Lite is pretty straight forward. Easy to demo a cheesy stock "ticker", for example. Setting up WSDL is a pain in the arse. I've done it. It hurt. All of our web services stuff is experimental. We haven't found a single solid, scalable, practical production use yet. So far we've used https POST combinations instead.

I wonder if it would be possible to get some guest speakers presenting
remotely?  Using something like Adobe Acrobat Connect or even just vnc
and voip.  The presentation Andy Lester gave to the Toronto group in
September sounds awesome.  http://to.pm.org/#2006-09

Andy: Have you ever done a remote?