Re: [Omaha.pm] opendir, readdir vs. glob

On 9/25/06, Andy Lester <andy@petdance.com> wrote:
On Sep 25, 2006, at 9:22 PM, Jay Hannah wrote:
Ok, when glob is this easy to use why have I been using opendir and
readdir for years?

Because you didn't know better.

Why does anyone ever use opendir and readdir? Why aren't they deprecated and removed?

Anyone out there using Perl on
Windows? Does glob work there?

Yes, it does.

Cool. Not that I own a Windows machine, or do any Real Work on Windows. Just curious. :)