[Omaha.pm] Detecting interactive console vs. in a script.

Has anyone seen a good way to determine if a Perl script is running on an interactive console vs. within a shell or Perl script?  I have a code snippet that I want to print more text to a console for the user to view, but if it is within a script I don't want to clutter its output.

On the Solaris system I'm running, I tried the "tty" command, but both return "/dev/pts/8" when called from the command line and within a script.  The closest thing I can come to is the shell variable $_: "-l" for interactive, and "./<scriptname>" if run from a script.

Any other ideas?

Dan

- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov
"Soon we will be able to harness the rotational energy from Orwell's grave to solve all world energy problems." -- /. user GigsVT (208848)
GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF 2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68