[Omaha.pm] Devel::Timer useful for MySQL performance tuning

Jay et al:

The MySQL TIMESTAMP doesn't really go beyond seconds (there are some hacks for milliseconds but that also isn't likely to be good enough) which makes performance tuning with native SQL difficult at best. So the next best thing would be to break complex queries into pieces and let your application handle high-res time resolution for each beginning and ending each piece.
   (  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/time.html  )

Thanks for pointing this one out!

Mat Caughron