Re: [Omaha.pm] Add a pipe to a pipe delim file

Sean Baker wrote:
If all you want to do is add a pipe to the end:

perl -pi -e "s/$/|/g" [filename]

Or the beginning:

perl -pi -e "s/^/|/g" [filename]

Ya. To do what I needed (tweak the 9th column, not the last one), perhaps -a or -F would do that in a one liner? I'm not good with those yet.

perldoc perlrun

      -a   turns on autosplit mode when used with a -n or -p.  An implicit
           split command to the @F array is done as the first thing inside
           the implicit while loop produced by the -n or -p.

               perl -ane 'print pop(@F), "\n";'

           is equivalent to

               while (<>) {
                   @F = split(' ');
                   print pop(@F), "\n";
               }

           An alternate delimiter may be specified using -F.