Re: [Omaha.pm] Fwd: Perl and recursion...

On Nov 16, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Daniel Linder wrote:
 Is File::Find part of the base Perl 5.X installation?

Yes.

The perl I am using is part of a larger package (HP OpenView Network Node Manager) on a customers machine that I support -- HP has some dire warnings when it comes to upgrading the Perl they install with NNM, and the customers IT group has loaded their own copy of Perl 5.X in another directory for their own use. Gotta love administration of machines like this... :)

If it weren't "core perl" you could always install it elsewhere then tweak your script/environment so perl could find it. None of that would be "upgrading Perl" in my opinion. Perhaps even upgrading packages into the regular places isn't "upgrading Perl"...? Short of upgrading /usr/bin/perl the binary, "upgrading Perl" is probably in the eye of the beholder...