[Omaha.pm] Re: LWP form posts

On Sep 10, 2004, at 10:14 AM, Michael D. Maynard wrote:
Step 3 is where the process breaks down. PayPal throws back some HTML. Step 3 needs to be C -> D rather than C -> A. I could add Step 3.5) Parse HTML converting relative URL's to absolute URL's. This presents two problems. 1) should PayPal change their HTML, URL conversion may no longer catch everything.

What you're doing isn't a normal chain of events for PayPal? I'd think all their URLs would be absolute in order to facilitate what you're trying to do?

2) Server A is not running https for this host and Computer D is not entering login information on insecure connection.

The HTML you'll be echoing to D will post to PayPal's https URL, so you should be fine, shouldn't you? Or does IE complain if a non-secured HTML form posts to an https URL?

There may not be any way to do it.

On the contrary, hopefully TMTOWTDI.

Grin,